Egg salad is a classic and beloved dish that has stood the test of time, but sometimes we yearn for something a little extra, a twist that will awaken our taste buds and elevate our lunchtime experience.
If you are also tired of the same old egg salad, then look no further, as this delightful recipe will take your egg salad game to the next level.
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the mouthwatering combination of eggs and olives wrapped in a good warm toasted bread.
Brace yourself for a burst of flavor, as we present to you the recipe for Egg and Olive Sandwich!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup green olives with pimentos, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of brine from the olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, brine from the olives, and lemon juice. Mix them together until they form a smooth dressing.
- Add the chopped hard-boiled eggs to the dressing and gently fold them together. Be careful not to mash the eggs too much; you want to maintain some texture.
- Next, add the diced red onion, chopped green olives with pimentos, and sliced black olives to the bowl.
- Sprinkle in the freshly chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
- Give everything a good mix, ensuring all the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
- Cut the baguette into 4 equal pieces and then cut all of these pieces into halves from their side.
- Brush the baguette slices evenly with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Spread a generous amount of the prepared egg and olive salad on 4 slices of baguette and assemble into sandwiches.
- Serve and enjoy.
Can I use different types of olives for this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different varieties of olives to find the flavors you enjoy the most. Green olives and black olives work wonderfully together, but you can also try Kalamata olives or any other kind that tickles your taste buds.
Can I use bread other than a baguette to make the sandwich?
Yes, you can use any type of bread to make the Olive and Egg Salad Sandwich. Be it a sourdough, a ciabatta, or even a classic white bread, the Egg and Olive Salad goes well with all.
Can I add other ingredients to my egg and olive Sandwich?
Certainly! The recipe we provided serves as a fantastic base, but you can get creative and add your favorite ingredients to personalize your salad. Consider diced bell peppers and celery, add spices or herbs for an extra kick, or even toast the bread with cheese, the options are limitless.