Ragu Classic Alfredo Sauce adds a touch of deliciousness to Chicken Alfredo combining chicken with the flavors of a homemade Alfredo sauce. In this article you'll find instructions that will help you create a high quality meal in the comfort of your home.
With Ragu Classic Alfredo Sauce taking the spotlight get ready for an flavorful sauce that will tantalize your taste buds. Crafted with cheese and fresh cream this sauce serves as the foundation for a classic chicken Alfredo dish.
The History of Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce (also referred to as Fettuccine Alfredo) originated in Rome. The sauce was crafted by Alfredo di Lelio, a chef during the 20th century. According to the story, Alfredo aimed to create a dish that would tempt his wife's taste buds when she had lost her desire for food. He combined butter, Parmesan cheese and pasta to concoct a decadent sauce that brought her delight. The dish quickly gained popularity and Alfredos restaurant in Rome became renowned for its Fettuccine Alfredo.
Ingredients for Chicken Alfredo with Ragu Classic Alfredo Sauce
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of Ragu Classic Alfredo Sauce
- 1 pound of fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Chicken Alfredo
- To make the fettuccine pasta follow the instructions, on the package. Once its cooked drain the pasta. Set it aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt some butter over high heat.
- Add minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until it becomes fragrant which usually takes a minute.
- Place the chicken breasts in the skillet. Cook them until they are browned on both sides and fully cooked through. This usually takes around 6-8 minutes per side.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet. Let it rest for a minutes. Then slice it into strips.
- In that skillet, pour in a jar of Ragu Classic Alfredo Sauce.
- Heat up the sauce over heat until its warmed through stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked fettuccine pasta to the skillet with Alfredo sauce. Toss everything together to ensure that every strand of pasta gets coated evenly with sauce.
- Add in those sliced chicken pieces to join forces with your pasta and sauce mixture. Gently mix them all together.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over everything. Stir well until you see that cheesy goodness melting into a creamy sauce consistency.
- Serve your delectable chicken Alfredo hot! If you want a touch of freshness garnish it with some chopped parsley at your discretion.
Tips for Perfecting Your Chicken Alfredo
- To enhance the flavors of the chicken breasts you may want to consider marinating them in either seasoning or a marinade, with garlic and herbs before cooking.
- If you prefer a sauce try adding a tablespoon of flour to the butter before incorporating the garlic.
Can I use a different type of pasta for chicken Alfredo?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer. However, fettuccine is the traditional choice for chicken Alfredo, as its wide, flat shape allows the sauce to cling to it.