In this article, I will guide you through the process of making this dish. Starting with cooking the chicken then preparing the pasta. Finally blending the creamy sauce together. My aim is to help you achieve a cooked pasta every time.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Pasta
To create this delectable creamy chicken pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces of fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Start by cooking the chicken. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside to cool.
- While the chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In the same skillet used to cook the chicken, add another tablespoon of olive oil and minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic over medium heat until it becomes fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream to the skillet. Stir well to combine with the garlic and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cream has thickened slightly.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the skillet, reserving a small amount for garnish.
- Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the cooked chicken into thin strips and add it to the skillet with the sauce. Stir gently to coat the chicken with the creamy sauce.
- Add the cooked fettuccine pasta to the skillet and toss well to combine, ensuring that the pasta is evenly coated with the creamy sauce.
- Serve the creamy chicken pasta in bowls, garnished with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Tips for Cooking Perfect Pasta
Cooking pasta to perfection can be a bit tricky, but with these tips, you'll be able to achieve perfectly cooked pasta every time:
- Make sure to use a large pot with plenty of water to allow the pasta to cook evenly and prevent it from sticking together.
- Add salt to the boiling water before adding the pasta. This will help to season the pasta from the inside out.
- Stir occasionally while it's cooking to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Test the pasta for doneness a minute or two before the recommended cooking time on the package.
- Reserve pasta water. This starchy water can be used to thin out the sauce if needed.