In this article, I will show you how to make irresistible ranch chicken wings that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. These wings can be a real crowd-pleaser.
Ingredients for Ranch Chicken Wings
To make delicious ranch chicken wings, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Ranch dressing for dipping
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Ranch Chicken Wings
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the spices are evenly distributed.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and toss them in the marinade, making sure each wing is coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for the best flavor.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the breading mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a large pot to a temperature of 375°F (190°C).
- Take the marinated chicken wings out of the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, remove the wings from the buttermilk marinade, allowing any excess liquid to drip off. Dredge each wing in the flour mixture, pressing lightly to ensure the breading sticks.
- Carefully place the wings in the hot oil and fry for about 10-12 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Flip the wings halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Once cooked, transfer the wings to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil. Repeat the frying process with the remaining wings.
- Serve the ranch chicken wings hot with a side of ranch dressing for dipping.
Tips for Achieving Crispy and Flavorful Ranch Chicken Wings
- Make sure to pat dry the chicken wings before marinating them to remove any excess moisture, as this will help the marinade adhere better.
- For extra crispy wings, you can double bread them by dipping the wings back into the buttermilk marinade and then into the flour mixture.
- To avoid overcrowding the fryer or pot, fry the wings in small batches. Overcrowding can lower the oil temperature and result in soggy wings.
- Use a thermometer to ensure the oil is at the correct temperature before frying the wings. This will help achieve a crispy exterior and juicy interior.
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, you can add cayenne pepper or hot sauce to the buttermilk marinade or the flour mixture.
Variations and Additions to Ranch Chicken Wings
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Toss the cooked wings in your favorite BBQ sauce before serving. The combination of tangy ranch and sweet BBQ creates a mouthwatering flavor.
- Add some hot sauce to the buttermilk marinade or toss the cooked wings in buffalo sauce for a spicy kick.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning on the wings before frying for a refreshing twist.
- Mix grated parmesan cheese with the flour mixture for an extra cheesy flavor.