In this article, I will guide you through the procedure of creating your chicken quesadilla inspired by Taco Bell. This scrumptious delicacy features a grilled tortilla, gooey cheese, succulent chicken and a tantalizing secret sauce that adds the right kick.
Ingredients for Making a Chicken Quesadilla
To begin your journey to chicken quesadilla perfection, you'll need to gather the following ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, chopped
- 1 tablespoon juice from the pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Preparing the Chicken for the Quesadilla
Here's how you can do it:
- Start by marinating the chicken breasts in a mixture of olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but for the best results, marinate it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the marinated chicken breasts and cook them for about 6-8 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
Making the Quesadilla Sauce
The secret to Taco Bell's chicken quesadilla lies in its deliciously creamy jalapeno sauce. Here's how you can recreate it at home:
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, juice from the pickled jalapenos, and cumin.
- Stir everything together until well combined.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings according to your preference.
- If you want a spicier sauce, add more pickled jalapenos or a dash of hot sauce.
- If you prefer a milder flavor, reduce the amount of jalapenos used.
Assembling the Chicken Quesadilla
Now that you have your cooked chicken and flavorful sauce ready, it's time to assemble the quesadilla:
- Take a large flour tortilla and spread a generous amount of the quesadilla sauce over one side of the tortilla.
- Place a handful of shredded Mexican blend cheese on half of the tortilla, leaving a border around the edges.
- Top the cheese with a few slices of the cooked chicken.
- Fold the tortilla in half, pressing down gently to seal the edges.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas, sauce, cheese, and chicken.
Cooking the Chicken Quesadilla
Follow these steps to cook your chicken quesadilla:
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, carefully place the assembled quesadilla on the skillet.
- Cook the quesadilla for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the tortilla turns golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining quesadillas, if necessary.
Your homemade chicken quesadillas are now ready to be served and enjoyed!
Tips for the Perfect Chicken Quesadilla
- Use a combination of olive oil and butter to cook the quesadilla for a crispier and more flavorful tortilla.
- Don't overstuff the quesadillas to avoid a messy filling spillage while cooking.
- Experiment with different sauces and seasonings to find your favorite flavor profile.
- Preheat the skillet or griddle before cooking the quesadillas to achieve an evenly cooked and golden-brown tortilla.
- Serve the quesadillas immediately for the best taste and texture.